UPDATE: Weatherford (WFT) Trading Halted with News Pending; Analyst Notes Tightening Debt Levels
- Wall Street falls as bank, healthcare shares weigh
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Faces U.S. Antitrust Case Over Licensing - Bloomberg
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 12:20 PM EDT)
Weatherford (NYSE: WFT) trading halted with news pending.
UPDATE - Wolfe Research said earlier today that Weatherford may need to conduct an equity raise and possibly divest assets.
In a note dated for yesterday, analyst Chase Mulvehill said Weatherford's debt covenants are getting "tight" and the company could stand to raise $250 million, though the analyst believes $850 million might be more prudent.
Mulvehill also thinks a divestiture of Land Rigs and Pressure Pumping assets might be something for Weatherford to consider.
In total, the analyst sees Weatherford raising proceeds of around $2.5 billion. That would allow the company to cut debt to $4.5 billion by the end of 2018 and to $4.2 billion the subsequent year.
Wolfe Research rates Weatherford at Peer Perform with a price target of $5. Shares were down 14 percent at the stoppage
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Benitec Biopharma (BNTC) Surges 120% on EU Orphan Drug Status
- Pulmatrix (PULM) Halted on LUDP, Shares Up 105%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!