UPDATE: Weatherford (WFT) Trading Halted with News Pending; Analyst Notes Tightening Debt Levels
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 1, 2016 12:20 PM EDT)
Weatherford (NYSE: WFT) trading halted with news pending.
UPDATE - Wolfe Research said earlier today that Weatherford may need to conduct an equity raise and possibly divest assets.
In a note dated for yesterday, analyst Chase Mulvehill said Weatherford's debt covenants are getting "tight" and the company could stand to raise $250 million, though the analyst believes $850 million might be more prudent.
Mulvehill also thinks a divestiture of Land Rigs and Pressure Pumping assets might be something for Weatherford to consider.
In total, the analyst sees Weatherford raising proceeds of around $2.5 billion. That would allow the company to cut debt to $4.5 billion by the end of 2018 and to $4.2 billion the subsequent year.
Wolfe Research rates Weatherford at Peer Perform with a price target of $5. Shares were down 14 percent at the stoppage
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synergy Pharma (SGYP) to resume trading at 9AM ET
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- InvenSense (INVN) calls active after report Japan's TDK in talks to buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Trader Talk, Trading Halts
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!