UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Xcel Energy (XEL) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 19, 2016 8:18 AM EDT)
UBS upgraded Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $40. Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith tied the upgrade to "execution successful."
"Despite our earlier concerns, mgmt. has proven successful at ultimately arguing its case for not just added capex, principally from renewables, but has also shown success in implementing a potential rate stayout in MN. While we continue to anticipate a low 9% earned ROE overall, the positioning towards incremental opportunities in MN after the rate case resolution coud enable additional opportunities (could still take till mid- 2017)," said Dumoulin-Smith.
The analyst added, "We upgrade to Neutral after shares retracted relative underperformance back to May levels despite the improvement in both the earned ROE prospects in MN as well as prospects for additional regulated capex to be filtered into our estimates. With staying out of M&A a core focus, XEL has become all the more of a defensive equity vs. peers for those seeking a consistent growth trajectory. Our PT remains derived via P/E SOP."
Shares of Xcel Energy closed at $41.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Prudential Financial (PRU) Garners Spot on Goldman Sachs's Conviction Buy List
- UBS Reiterates Buy Ahead of Costco Wholesale's (COST) 4Q Report
- Brean Capital Reiterates Buy on Analogic (ALOG) Following 4Q - PT to $100
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!