UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Xcel Energy (XEL) to Neutral
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 19, 2016 8:18 AM EDT)
UBS upgraded Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $40. Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith tied the upgrade to "execution successful."
"Despite our earlier concerns, mgmt. has proven successful at ultimately arguing its case for not just added capex, principally from renewables, but has also shown success in implementing a potential rate stayout in MN. While we continue to anticipate a low 9% earned ROE overall, the positioning towards incremental opportunities in MN after the rate case resolution coud enable additional opportunities (could still take till mid- 2017)," said Dumoulin-Smith.
The analyst added, "We upgrade to Neutral after shares retracted relative underperformance back to May levels despite the improvement in both the earned ROE prospects in MN as well as prospects for additional regulated capex to be filtered into our estimates. With staying out of M&A a core focus, XEL has become all the more of a defensive equity vs. peers for those seeking a consistent growth trajectory. Our PT remains derived via P/E SOP."
Shares of Xcel Energy closed at $41.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) 'Buy' Maintained at SunTrust Following Solid Q3
- Alphabet (GOOGL) (GOOG) Bullish View Reiterated at Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!