UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Xcel Energy (XEL) to Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 19, 2016 8:18 AM EDT)
UBS upgraded Xcel Energy (NYSE: XEL) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $40. Analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith tied the upgrade to "execution successful."
"Despite our earlier concerns, mgmt. has proven successful at ultimately arguing its case for not just added capex, principally from renewables, but has also shown success in implementing a potential rate stayout in MN. While we continue to anticipate a low 9% earned ROE overall, the positioning towards incremental opportunities in MN after the rate case resolution coud enable additional opportunities (could still take till mid- 2017)," said Dumoulin-Smith.
The analyst added, "We upgrade to Neutral after shares retracted relative underperformance back to May levels despite the improvement in both the earned ROE prospects in MN as well as prospects for additional regulated capex to be filtered into our estimates. With staying out of M&A a core focus, XEL has become all the more of a defensive equity vs. peers for those seeking a consistent growth trajectory. Our PT remains derived via P/E SOP."
Shares of Xcel Energy closed at $41.20 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!