UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 25, 2016 8:20 AM EDT)
UBS upgraded Swift Transportation (NYSE: SWFT) from Neutral to Buy with a price target of $24. Analyst Thomas Wadewitz said Q3 results showed solid execution.
"On Monday night SWFT reported upside 3Q results of $0.34/share versus Consensus of $0.32 and our estimate of $0.30/share. While SWFT benefited from a few one off items it was still a very solid result with EPS growth of 9% providing a sharp contrast to falling EPS at other TL names. SWFT's 3Q performance boosts our confidence in their ability to execute amid a weak TL market and it supports a narrowing of the wide P/E gap versus the TL group. We are raising our rating on SWFT to Buy as reward to risk is compelling even with limited visibility to the exact timing of a TL market turn," said Wadewitz.
Shares of Swift Transportation closed at $20.28 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Pandora (P) to Outperform
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) to $37
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!