UPDATE: UBS Upgrades LPL Investment (LPLA) to Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 10, 2016 9:51 AM EST)
UBS upgraded LPL Investment (NASDAQ: LPLA) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $35.00 (from $24.00).
Analyst Alex Kramm said, "The results of the US presidential election signal a regime change in Washington that could result in the reversal of several regulatory initiatives. Among them is the DOL's fiduciary standard rule, which had already been challenged by members of the president-elect's party, only to be vetoed by the outgoing president (InvestmentNews, 11/9/2016: "Trump victory puts DOL fiduciary rule in limbo"). Given the possibility that the rule could be put aside by the new administration, our negative thesis for LPLA has lost some of its footing. Previously-imminent headwinds from compliance spending and reduced commissions may be alleviated, and sentiment has already improved significantly in response to headlines that the rule could be repealed. We believe yesterday’s move in the shares fairly captures the potential upside, leading to our new Neutral rating."
Shares of LPL Investment closed at $35.86 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- UBS Remains Bullish on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q EPS Miss
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU) to Buy; Sees Upside Continuing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!