UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Franklin Resources (BEN) to Neutral
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 10, 2016 9:50 AM EST)
UBS upgraded Franklin Resources (NYSE: BEN) from Sell to Neutral with a price target of $38.00 (from $28.00).
Analsyt Brennan Hawken said, "We believe the recent US election results benefit BEN as both a repatriation story and the likely softening of the DOL rule (more below). Specifically, BEN has nearly $6 billion in cash overseas (generated from foreign earnings), which we estimate could translate into a 22% yield as a special dividend or 29% accretion to EPS if returned via buybacks. We still see a weaker fundamental outlook for BEN given significant underperformance of their investment products, but in the near-term expect BEN shares are at less risk of underperformance. Importantly, if EM markets remain under pressure due to a more hostile approach to global trade, we expect many of BEN's large investment strategies will continue to face performance headwinds."
Shares of Franklin Resources closed at $38.49 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- Kansas City Southern (KSU) PT Raised to $110 at Aegis Capital
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Flowserve Corp. (FLS) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!