UPDATE: UBS Starts WisdomTree Investments (WETF) at Sell
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 8:37 AM EDT)
UBS initiated coverage on WisdomTree Investments (NASDAQ: WETF) with a Sell rating and a price target of $7. Analyst Brennan Hawken expressed concerns about the company's ability to scale.
"WETF offers nothing but ETFs but we do not view the company as a proxy for the broader ETF market. Specifically, WETF's flows have been very poorly correlated to ETF growth rates over the last few years, however WETF's valuation implies a more optimistic growth rate than we think is likely. In our view the narrow/niche focus of WETF's products and the scale disadvantage of WETF versus its larger competitors are significant obstacles to a rapid recovery in their organic growth outlook. As a result, we do not believe WETF shares should trade at a 300% premium to the traditional AMs when the average over the past few years has been a 190% premium," said Hawken.
Shares of WisdomTree Investments closed at $8.66 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!