UPDATE: UBS Starts ConAgra (CAG) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 14, 2016 8:36 AM EST)
UBS initiated coverage on ConAgra (NYSE: CAG) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $36.
Analyst Steven Strycula said, "In the last 2 years ConAgra has transformed its portfolio under new leadership through asset divestitures, strategy shifts, and cultural change (moving HQ to Chicago from Omaha). Following the Nov 9th spin-off of Lamb Weston to shareholders, ConAgra is a leaner and less leveraged food manufacturer with ~1.5x net debt/EBITDA. From here ConAgra will take action to reshape its portfolio through synergy focused M&A and divesting underperforming brands using its $1.4b NOL asset. Operationally, ConAgra has significant heavy lifting ahead of it as the company rebases revenues to a more profitable core in FY17, reinvigorates investment-starved brands, cuts SG&A spend by $200m, and streamlines supply chain operations. Given the complexity and limited visibility into ConAgra's turnaround we prefer a more attractive risk/reward."
Shares of ConAgra closed at $34.93 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Paycom Software (PAYC) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!