UPDATE: UBS Starts Acushnet Holdings (GOLF) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 8:29 AM EST)
UBS initiated coverage on Acushnet Holdings (NYSE: GOLF) with a Buy rating and a price target of $22.
Analyst Michael Binetti said, "Acushnet (GOLF) has #1 market share in golf balls, shoes, and gloves between its iconic Titleist & FootJoy brands. While the golf industry has had a volatile growth trajectory in recent years, GOLF over-indexes to the most enviable parts of the ecosystem: 1) aspirational consumers ("Dedicated Golfers"), and 2) dominant share in the most profitable categories. GOLF focuses on dedicated golfers (who represent just 15% of players, but 70% of total golf spend)—who are heavily influenced by pro players. With pros validating its brands (62% of balls used on pro tours are Titleist Pro V1, 5x higher than the #2 ball) GOLF enjoys industry-leading ASPs & margins in the most profitable categories (49% share & industry-leading pricing in the high-margin golf ball category)."
Shares of Acushnet Holdings closed at $19.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- Seaport Global Securities Starts WGL Holdings (WGL) at Neutral
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!