UPDATE: UBS Raises Healthways (HWAY) to Buy; Analyst Sees 'Attractive Valuation'
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 8, 2016 8:11 AM EST)
UBS upgraded Healthways (NASDAQ: HWAY) from Sell to Buy with a price target of $24. Analyst A.J. Rice thinks shares are attractive following a recent pullback.
Rice explained, "We upgrade our rating on HWAY shares to Buy from Sell as the company has a cleaner business model post their restructuring, could benefit from continued MA growth and given the more attractive valuation at which HWAY shares are trading post the recent selloff. HWAY shares are down almost 25% since early Oct and roughly 16% since its 3Q16 release due to confusion created by the abrupt departure of recently named CFO for personal reasons. HWAY management stresses to us that the departure, while unfortunate, has no implications for HWAY’s financial results. Our Aug downgrade was predicated on concern that HWAY shares had run up too far too fast and an EV/EBITDA valuation above 10.0x was reflective of a company that has a longer track record than a single quarter post a major restructuring. With the recent pullback, HWAY shares now trade at 8.7x and 8.2x our 2017 & 2018 EBITDA ests, resp (8.2x and 7.7x ex-NOL)."
"We maintain our EV/EBITDA PT multiple of 9.0x & roll-forward onto 2018. This along with a $1.50/share of NOL yields a PT of $24 (an upside of 20.6%). Our EV/EBITDA multiple of 9.0x represents a 10-15% discount to companies with similar growth/margin profiles (such as ACHC) in our healthcare providers coverage (see page 3 for more details)," added the analyst.
Shares of Healthways closed at $19.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!