UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Validus Holdings (VR) to Neutral
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 23, 2016 8:31 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Validus Holdings (NYSE: VR) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $50. Analyst Brian Meredith thinks shares look fairly valued.
"Over the last several years, Validus has reduced its exposure to property catastrophe reinsurance and grown its primary insurance with the purchase of Western World, reducing the volatility of its earnings. We have argued that VR's shares did not appropriately value its high quality Lloyd's operation (Talbot) and shift toward more primary insurance. Since early 2014, VR's shares have re-rated versus its peers, trading in line on a forward P/E and a premium on P/B. We believe that the re-rating story is largely complete and are downgrading the stock to Neutral," said the analyst.
Shares of Validus Holdings closed at $50.98 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS); Reiterates Outperform
- Pacific Crest Downgrades World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) to Sector Weight
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Wex, Inc. (WEX) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!