UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Methanex (MEOH) to Sell
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 10:44 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Methanex (NASDAQ: MEOH) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $31 on valuation.
Analyst John Roberts said, "We are downgrading MEOH to Sell as we believe the stock more than reflects the improvement in methanol prices. MEOH has rallied ~30% on higher oil prices, which methanol often follows as evidenced by increasing posted and spot pricing. UBSe 2017 Brent oil price forecast remains unchanged at $60/bbl, & is reflected in our improved 2017e EPS of $0.50 (up from $0.50 loss in 2016e) & 2017e EBITDA of $443M (up from $256M in 2016e). Our valuation basis remains unchanged at ~9.5x 2017e EBITDA which we believe reflects the bottoming market and improvements in 2017."
Shares of Methanex closed at $37.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Eros Int'l (EROS) to $18 Following Multi-Year Deal
- Canaccord Genuity Thinks Athleisure Apparel has Peaked and Cuts Lululemon (LULU) to 'Sell'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!