UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Methanex (MEOH) to Sell
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 31, 2016 10:44 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Methanex (NASDAQ: MEOH) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $31 on valuation.
Analyst John Roberts said, "We are downgrading MEOH to Sell as we believe the stock more than reflects the improvement in methanol prices. MEOH has rallied ~30% on higher oil prices, which methanol often follows as evidenced by increasing posted and spot pricing. UBSe 2017 Brent oil price forecast remains unchanged at $60/bbl, & is reflected in our improved 2017e EPS of $0.50 (up from $0.50 loss in 2016e) & 2017e EBITDA of $443M (up from $256M in 2016e). Our valuation basis remains unchanged at ~9.5x 2017e EBITDA which we believe reflects the bottoming market and improvements in 2017."
Shares of Methanex closed at $37.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) PT Lowered to $35 at UBS Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Downgrades Kansas City Southern (KSU) to Neutral
- Procter & Gamble (PG) PT Raised to $96 at UBS Following 2Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!