UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Express Inc. (EXPR) to Sell
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 8:23 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Express Inc. (NYSE: EXPR) from Neutral to Sell with a price target of $10.00 (from $16.00). The change follows the release of Q2 results. Analyst Michael Binetti warned of downside risk in the second half of the year.
"We are downgrading EXPR to Sell (from Neutral) and lowering our PT to $10 (from $16) based on our view that EPS risk remains skewed to the downside despite the lowered guidance bar. While our base case assumes 2016 EPS of $1.08 (Guide: $1.00- $1.14), we see downside risk based on: 1) traffic deteriorating while the industry accelerated (EXPR decelerated when rest of the sector improved in June, peers Urban & AEO are seeing positive trends in Aug); 2) our sense that EXPR's Aug trends are running at the low-end of 3Q SSS guidance of –HSD/-LDD, and we believe Sept compares are tougher than Aug; 3) Product issues that could take more than 1-2 qtrs to fix (EXPR should be doing well considering several peers are seeing strong denim trends); 4) potential for margin pressure to increase as EXPR steps up direct mail marketing in 2H," said Binetti.
Shares of Express Inc. closed at $11.94 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!