UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Calpine Corporation (CPN) to Neutral
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 8:34 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $13 (prior $15). Last week the company reported Q3 results.
"We lower FY18E and FY19E EBITDA by ~$70 Mn and ~$100 Mn, respectively, to more fully align with the implied guidance mgmt. provided during the call. With consensus 2018E EBITDA at $2.05 Bn and mgmt guiding implicitly for $1.975 Bn at the midpoint of its range (+$100 Mn YoY), we see risk for further compression of estimates. While admittedly shares have been under pressure the risk of further negative revisions coupled with more challenging valuation roll forward into 2019 and 2020 off a 2018 SOP estimate pushes us to the sideline for now. We emphasize that we believe the FCF still provides meaningful strategic flexibility, but valuation at ~7x EBITDA, consistent with peers, yields just $13 including $3/sh of balance sheet NOL value and a further ~$1/sh of asset value for 'merchant' plants against which little FCF is generated," said analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith.
Shares of Calpine Corporation closed at $11.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Lincoln Electric (LECO) to Hold
- Mizuho Securities Upgrades Tailored Brands (TLRD) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!