UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Calpine Corporation (CPN) to Neutral
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 8:34 AM EDT)
UBS downgraded Calpine Corporation (NYSE: CPN) from Buy to Neutral with a price target of $13 (prior $15). Last week the company reported Q3 results.
"We lower FY18E and FY19E EBITDA by ~$70 Mn and ~$100 Mn, respectively, to more fully align with the implied guidance mgmt. provided during the call. With consensus 2018E EBITDA at $2.05 Bn and mgmt guiding implicitly for $1.975 Bn at the midpoint of its range (+$100 Mn YoY), we see risk for further compression of estimates. While admittedly shares have been under pressure the risk of further negative revisions coupled with more challenging valuation roll forward into 2019 and 2020 off a 2018 SOP estimate pushes us to the sideline for now. We emphasize that we believe the FCF still provides meaningful strategic flexibility, but valuation at ~7x EBITDA, consistent with peers, yields just $13 including $3/sh of balance sheet NOL value and a further ~$1/sh of asset value for 'merchant' plants against which little FCF is generated," said analyst Julien Dumoulin-Smith.
Shares of Calpine Corporation closed at $11.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- JPMorgan Downgrades Endo International plc (ENDP) to Neutral
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!