UPDATE: UBS Downgrades Blue Capital Reinsurance (BCRH) to Sell
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 23, 2016 10:50 AM EST)
UBS downgraded Blue Capital Reinsurance (NYSE: BCRH) from Buy to Sell with a price target of $17.00 (from $18.00). Analyst Brian Meredith said rising yields make it less attractive.
"With yields rising since the U.S. election, we believe that BCRH will become less attractive as an alternative yield play. BCRH's annual payout of 90% of earnings via dividends has resulted in a double-digit dividend yield the last two years, making it attractive in a low interest rate environment despite the volatility inherent in its business. We expect a more limited special dividend in 1Q17, lowering the 2017 total estimated dividend to $1.13 and the yield to 5.9%, given loss activity in 2016. BCRH sees minimal impact on its returns from higher yields, making other yield-focused assets more attractive," said Meredith.
Shares of Blue Capital Reinsurance closed at $19.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Western Digital (WDC): Analyst Day Preview - Susquehanna
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!