UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 8:40 AM EDT)
Stifel initiated coverage on Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: XENE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $18. Analyst Stephen D. Willey thinks the stock is underappreciated and said P2 XEN801 data represents an important near-term catalyst
"Xenon has successfully leveraged its Extreme Genetics drug discovery platform – which identifies single-gene defects responsible for severe human phenotypes – into a maturing pipeline of both partnered and wholly-owned product candidates on the precipice of achieving proof-of-concept inflection points. We believe Xenon’s expertise in the discovery/development of highly-selective compounds targeting difficult-to-drug human channelopathies is considerably underappreciated from a valuation perspective – with its most-advanced Genentech collaboration likely establishing best-in-class medicinal chemistry solutions for the increasingly competitive pursuit of highly-selective voltage-gated sodium channel antagonists against Nav1.7," said Willey.
The analyst added, "We believe proof-of-concept P2 data read-outs for XEN801 (1Q17) and TV-45070 (1H17) provide meaningful sources of near-term upside – with any additional visibility emerging from the Genentech collaboration and Xenon’s progress in identifying selective Nav1.6 antagonists responsible for rare/intractable childhood epilepsy serving as longer-term valuation lever."
Shares of Xenon Pharmaceuticals closed at $8.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Owens Corning (OC) at Buy
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Beacon Roofing Supply (BECN) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!