UPDATE: Stifel Starts Xenon Pharmaceuticals (XENE) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - October 21, 2016 8:40 AM EDT)
Stifel initiated coverage on Xenon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: XENE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $18. Analyst Stephen D. Willey thinks the stock is underappreciated and said P2 XEN801 data represents an important near-term catalyst
"Xenon has successfully leveraged its Extreme Genetics drug discovery platform – which identifies single-gene defects responsible for severe human phenotypes – into a maturing pipeline of both partnered and wholly-owned product candidates on the precipice of achieving proof-of-concept inflection points. We believe Xenon’s expertise in the discovery/development of highly-selective compounds targeting difficult-to-drug human channelopathies is considerably underappreciated from a valuation perspective – with its most-advanced Genentech collaboration likely establishing best-in-class medicinal chemistry solutions for the increasingly competitive pursuit of highly-selective voltage-gated sodium channel antagonists against Nav1.7," said Willey.
The analyst added, "We believe proof-of-concept P2 data read-outs for XEN801 (1Q17) and TV-45070 (1H17) provide meaningful sources of near-term upside – with any additional visibility emerging from the Genentech collaboration and Xenon’s progress in identifying selective Nav1.6 antagonists responsible for rare/intractable childhood epilepsy serving as longer-term valuation lever."
Shares of Xenon Pharmaceuticals closed at $8.35 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- RCI Hospitality Holdings (RICK) Gains as Sidoti & Co. Sets Aggressive Price Target
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Seaport Global Securities Starts Chesapeake Utilities (CPK) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!