UPDATE: Stifel Starts Sage Therapeutics (SAGE) at Buy
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 14, 2016 9:11 AM EST)
Stifel initiated coverage on Sage Therapeutics (NASDAQ: SAGE) with a Buy rating and a price target of $90.
Analyst Katherine Breedis said, "SAGE has a strong management with broad depth of pharma/biotech experience in developing therapeutics for diseases of the Central Nervous System (CNS). We view SAGE as a CNS platform company with lead asset SAGE-547, a GABA A allosteric modulator in Ph.III for treatment of Super Refractive Status Epilepticus (SRSE, a severe form of epilepsy), and soon-to-start Ph.III in severe postpartum depression (PPD), both of which are of high unmet medical need. The company also has Ph.II SAGE-217, a highly potent oral GABA A allosteric modulator for multiple indications, and early stage SAGE-718 (NMDA agonist) for orphan indications."
The analyst added, "We see significant upside potential to SAGE shares as pipeline visibility grows; there are eight key data read-outs in 2017, a high volume of news flow for a company of this size, in our view. We forecast SAGE’s first product launch in 2018, with revenues for SAGE-547 in SRSE alone growing to over $1.4 billion by 2025. While SAGE-547 is the key driver of our $90 DCF valuation, we further see upside to our valuation as we garner greater visibility on potential pathway to registration for other early-to-mid stage pipeline assets."
Shares of Sage Therapeutics closed at $51.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Resumes Target (TGT) at Hold
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts HEICO (HEI) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!