UPDATE: Stifel Starts Quintiles (Q) at Hold
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 14, 2016 10:18 AM EDT)
Stifel initiated coverage on Quintiles (NYSE: Q) with a Hold rating and a price target of $84. Analyst Shlomo H. Rosenbaum said wait for a better entry point.
"We expect the company’s valuation to reflect a blend of Contract Research Organization (CRO) multiples and Information Services multiples since the company was formed through the combination of those types of businesses. We assume the 50% weighting for Info Services will reflect the average valuation in the Info Services space, and the 50% for CROs will be a slight premium to the CRO space, consistent with longer-term historical trends. A blend of 2017 and 2018 P/E and EV/EBITDA multiples yields an $84 valuation – about 12% higher than today’s price, which makes the shares interesting, but not quite a Buy (we prefer closer to 20%). We would be looking for an entry point closer to $70, all else remaining equal," said Rosenbaum.
Shares of Quintiles closed at $75.70 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!