UPDATE: Stifel Starts Parkway Properties (PKY) at Sell
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 18, 2016 8:57 AM EDT)
Stifel initiated coverage on Parkway Properties (NYSE: PKY) with a Sell rating and a price target of $17. Analyst John W. Guinee is cautious on the Houston market.
"We are initiating coverage of Parkway, Inc. (initially called HoustonCo) with its 8.7mm SF, 100% Houston portfolio with a Sell rating. Most valuation metrics lead us to believe the shares are overvalued," said Guinee.
"Our net asset value (NAV) estimate is $16.72 – $18.18 per share, based upon a 9.5% - 10.0% cap rate range. Our 2017 FFO/FAD/share estimates of $2.17/$1.12 and trade at 8.6x/16.7x the current share price. PKY currently trades at an implied NOI cap rate of 9.3% and a total enterprise value of roughly $182/SF relative to our gross and adjusted replacement cost estimates of $322/SF and $204/SF," continued the analyst.
Guinee added, "Based on our 'on the ground' discussions, we think: 1) the Houston office market is a long way from bottoming; and 2) hard asset investors will stay away until they can effectively touch the bottom of the oil filled pool and underwrite rental rates."
Shares of Parkway Properties closed at $18.67 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- KLR Group Raises Price Target on PDC Energy (PDCE) to $90
- Casey's General Stores (CASY) Recommended Long at Off Wall Street
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!