UPDATE: Stifel Starts Gilead Sciences (GILD) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 14, 2016 9:10 AM EST)
Stifel initiated coverage on Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ: GILD) with a Buy rating and a price target of $100.
Analyst Katherine Breedis said, "GILD is the market leader in therapeutics to treat Hepatitis C Virus (HCV), Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) and HIV, with the potential to become a leader in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH), a disease area of high unmet medical need affecting an estimated 15 million in the U.S (per Nature Biotechnology) and representing what we believe could be a $15 billion-plus market by 2025. GILD has become a “value story” and currently trades at 7.0x 2017 consensus Non-GAAP EPS (3.2x cash/share) after recently trading at an all-time low P/E of 6.5x, owing to the declining growth profile and limited visibility of patient volumes of its HCV franchise, which accounts for nearly 50% of GILD’s revenue base and recent pipeline attrition. That said, we believe this “value story” is beginning to turn, based on our outlook for improving HCV stability and GILD's pipeline profile over the next 12 months, particularly in NASH."
Shares of Gilead Sciences closed at $76.42 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) to $71 Following 3Q
- Wedbush Maintains Neutral View on Smith & Wesson (SWHC) as Outlook Moderates Post Election
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!