UPDATE: Stifel Starts Atlas Air Worldwide (AAWW) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 26, 2016 9:10 AM EDT)
Stifel initiated coverage on Atlas Air Worldwide (NASDAQ: AAWW) with a Buy rating and a price target of $49. Analsyt David G. Ross highlighted earnings growth and compelling valuation.
"We are initiating coverage of Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings, Inc. (AAWW) with a Buy rating and $49.00 target price, as we believe the company is trading at an attractive valuation relative to historical averages and current peer valuation ahead of what we believe should be a period of growing earnings followed by strong cash flow," said Ross.
"Having known Atlas Air for awhile (management has presented at the annual Stifel Transportation & Logistics Conference in Key Biscayne), we are glad to finally launch coverage. Also, having DHL as a major customer, and especially since announcing its significant contract with Amazon this spring to serve the U.S. small package delivery space, we believe there is more overlap than ever with our existing coverage (which includes DHL, FedEx, UPS, and the freight forwarders). There is little growth, if any, in U.S. domestic or global transportation right now, but Amazon and express parcel networks are seeing greater capacity needs ahead, so we believe Atlas is in a solid position to benefit from this e-commerce-driven volume growth over the next several years," added the analyst.
Shares of Atlas Air Worldwide closed at $35.21 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- FBR Capital Reiterates Outperform on Verizon Communications (VZ) Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStifel, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!