UPDATE: Stifel Resumes CIENA (CIEN) at Hold
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 9:53 AM EDT)
Stifel resumed coverage on CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) with a Hold rating and a price target of $23. Analyst Patrick M. Newton thinks growth opportunities are priced in.
"Although we note reasonable valuation, growth drivers (metro, DCI, subsea), and favorable intermediate-term competitive dynamics (Infinera product cycle air pocket), we believe market growth opportunities are largely embedded in consensus expectations. Stress testing our growth/margin expectations we see limited room for estimates to materially exceed FY17 expectations, with shares requiring multiple expansion to drive upside – an unlikely scenario in our view given P/E and EV/EBITDA multiple compression over the last three, five, and 10 years. Accordingly, we resume coverage with a Hold rating and $23 target price," said Newton.
Shares of CIENA closed at $22.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Starts Tabula Rasa Healthcare (TRHC) at Buy
- Cowen Upgrades Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to Outperform
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $140 at Guggenheim
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!