UPDATE: Stifel Resumes CIENA (CIEN) at Hold
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 9:53 AM EDT)
Stifel resumed coverage on CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) with a Hold rating and a price target of $23. Analyst Patrick M. Newton thinks growth opportunities are priced in.
"Although we note reasonable valuation, growth drivers (metro, DCI, subsea), and favorable intermediate-term competitive dynamics (Infinera product cycle air pocket), we believe market growth opportunities are largely embedded in consensus expectations. Stress testing our growth/margin expectations we see limited room for estimates to materially exceed FY17 expectations, with shares requiring multiple expansion to drive upside – an unlikely scenario in our view given P/E and EV/EBITDA multiple compression over the last three, five, and 10 years. Accordingly, we resume coverage with a Hold rating and $23 target price," said Newton.
Shares of CIENA closed at $22.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!