UPDATE: Stifel Resumes CIENA (CIEN) at Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 30, 2016 9:53 AM EDT)
Stifel resumed coverage on CIENA (NYSE: CIEN) with a Hold rating and a price target of $23. Analyst Patrick M. Newton thinks growth opportunities are priced in.
"Although we note reasonable valuation, growth drivers (metro, DCI, subsea), and favorable intermediate-term competitive dynamics (Infinera product cycle air pocket), we believe market growth opportunities are largely embedded in consensus expectations. Stress testing our growth/margin expectations we see limited room for estimates to materially exceed FY17 expectations, with shares requiring multiple expansion to drive upside – an unlikely scenario in our view given P/E and EV/EBITDA multiple compression over the last three, five, and 10 years. Accordingly, we resume coverage with a Hold rating and $23 target price," said Newton.
Shares of CIENA closed at $22.41 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!