UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Hold
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 22, 2016 9:08 AM EST)
Stifel downgraded Swift Transportation (NYSE: SWFT) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $25.00 (from $24.00).
Analyst John G. Larkin said, "The Dow Jones Transportation Average has had a double-digit run since the beginning of the month, reflecting expectations for a lower corporate tax rate, infrastructure spending, reduced regulation, increased domestic activity, and a more business friendly environment for the sector as a whole under the soon to be Trump administration. While the sector saw a modest compression in valuations over the past 18 months as compared to the all-time highs seen in 2014, the space has yet again run toward another period of record setting all-time high valuations never seen before thanks to tepid economic growth, capital flight toward US equities, and low interest rates. We are taking this opportunity to Ddwngrade the shares of C.H. Robinson Worldwide, Hub Group, and Swift Transportation ahead of what we anticipate to be a rationalization of valuations."
Shares of Swift Transportation closed at $24.90 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!