UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades SL Green Realty (SLG) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 24, 2016 9:52 AM EDT)
Stifel downgraded SL Green Realty (NYSE: SLG) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $95 (from $125). Analyst John W. Guinee sees near term headwinds.
"While we have great respect for management and think SL Green has the broadest investment platform of all the office REITs we cover, we are concerned that the near term headwinds outweigh the medium term positive attributes. Hence, we are downgrading to Hold from Buy," said the analyst.
Guinee said positives were. "1) an opportunity fund investment mentality, 2) balanced with a conservative leasing and operating platform, 3) a reasonably levered balance sheet by some Debt/TEV metrics, but maybe not by Debt/EBITDA metrics, 4) a healthy discount to Net Asset Value using sovereign wealth fund driven low 4% cap rates, 5) a very attractive TEV of $771/SF for the Manhattan assets and 5) per our recently created Lease Economics Analysis, excellent (but, inconclusive) lease economics at the sub $80/SF price point."
Discussing negatives, the analyst said, "1) our 2017 FFO/FAD estimates of $6.00/$3.95/sh represent 17.3x/26.2x multiples, and a significant decline from 2016 NAREIT-defined/Core FFO guidance, 2) NAV discounts appear less important when the 'mark' is a sub 5% cap rate, 3) while we think the One Vanderbilt development will prove to create significant value and are very supportive of a 'no JV' strategy, there will likely be headwinds until 50% leased, 4) top down Manhattan office market statistics are decelerating, 5) the complexity is testing even our elevated level of tolerance."
Shares of SL Green Realty closed at $103.61 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Kroger (KR) to $30 Following 3Q and Guidance
- Start Your Engines, The Monster Beverage (MNST) / NASCAR Deal Is Final - Stifel
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!