UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Marin Software (MRIN) to Hold
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 25, 2016 11:21 AM EDT)
Stifel downgraded Marin Software (NYSE: MRIN) from Buy to Hold and removed its price target. Analyst Tom M. Roderick said the company's CEO transition signals continued challenges.
"On August 24th, after the market close, Marin Software filed an 8-K disclosing the reappointment of current board chairman Christopher Lien to the position of Chief Executive Officer. While we like that the former founder and CEO of Marin has returned to run the business, we view the transition itself as a clear sign of another hard reset in a business already in transition. As such we feel it is most prudent to downgrade our rating from Buy to Hold as we acknowledge there is no quick fix to Marin and there is likely no buyer waiting at the doorstep," said the analyst.
Shares of Marin Software closed at $2.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!