UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades CIT Group (CIT) to Hold
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 9:48 AM EDT)
Stifel downgraded CIT Group (NYSE: CIT) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $41.00 (from $40.00). Analyst Christopher C. Brendler said additional upside could be challenging.
"In our view, CIT deserves credit for negotiating both an attractively priced sale of its aircraft leasing business and larger than expected capital return. On both fronts, CIT exceeded even our most optimistic scenarios and we expect the stock to react favorably today. However, we also think this is perfect time to step aside as additional upside may prove challenging. While the aircraft does clear the path to a sale to a bank, we are skeptical of the remaining franchise and the buyback will take time. Combined with material macro credit risk, we are lowering our rating to Hold yet raising our target price to $41 from $40," said the analyst.
Shares of CIT Group closed at $36.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Shopify (SHOP): CFO Meetings Indicate Strong Growth Ahead - Wedbush
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!