UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades CIT Group (CIT) to Hold
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 7, 2016 9:48 AM EDT)
Stifel downgraded CIT Group (NYSE: CIT) from Buy to Hold with a price target of $41.00 (from $40.00). Analyst Christopher C. Brendler said additional upside could be challenging.
"In our view, CIT deserves credit for negotiating both an attractively priced sale of its aircraft leasing business and larger than expected capital return. On both fronts, CIT exceeded even our most optimistic scenarios and we expect the stock to react favorably today. However, we also think this is perfect time to step aside as additional upside may prove challenging. While the aircraft does clear the path to a sale to a bank, we are skeptical of the remaining franchise and the buyback will take time. Combined with material macro credit risk, we are lowering our rating to Hold yet raising our target price to $41 from $40," said the analyst.
Shares of CIT Group closed at $36.40 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Boston Properties Inc. (BXP) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on VCA Antech (WOOF) Following 3Q Miss
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!