UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Kansas City Southern (KSU) at Accumulate
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 9:34 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) with an Accumulate rating and a price target of $104. Analyst Mark A. Levin thinks concerns create opportunity.
"Our target assumes the shares trade to 20x our 2017 EPS estimate of $5.20. With volumes likely to improve in Q4 and the first half of 2017 (absent a recession), we expect growth investors will eventually return to KSU. What's notable is that the relative premium at which KSU trades to other Class I rails has compressed meaningfully as investors have gravitated to names with cheaper multiples and/or more potential upside from coal. We think this creates an opportunity to buy the best growth story in the space at a reasonable price," said Levin.
Shares of Kansas City Southern closed at $92.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Plug Power (PLUG) at Buy
- BTIG Downgrades Essent Group (ESNT) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!