UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Kansas City Southern (KSU) at Accumulate
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 9:34 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Kansas City Southern (NYSE: KSU) with an Accumulate rating and a price target of $104. Analyst Mark A. Levin thinks concerns create opportunity.
"Our target assumes the shares trade to 20x our 2017 EPS estimate of $5.20. With volumes likely to improve in Q4 and the first half of 2017 (absent a recession), we expect growth investors will eventually return to KSU. What's notable is that the relative premium at which KSU trades to other Class I rails has compressed meaningfully as investors have gravitated to names with cheaper multiples and/or more potential upside from coal. We think this creates an opportunity to buy the best growth story in the space at a reasonable price," said Levin.
Shares of Kansas City Southern closed at $92.58 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!