UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Cloud Peak Energy (CLD) at Neutral
- Energy weighs on S&P, Dow; techs boost Nasdaq
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 2, 2016 10:51 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Cloud Peak Energy (NYSE: CLD) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $7.
Analyst Mark A. Levin said, "CLD is a pure-play Powder River Basin (PRB) producer that operates three mines, two in Wyoming and one in Montana. The company produces all steam coal; it produces no metallurgical coal. While domestic and export utility coal fundamentals have improved considerably the last several months, shares of CLD have more than tripled since the end of June (CLD = +220%; S&P = +1%), leaving the valuation at levels that we believe are neither outlandishly expensive nor ridiculously cheap. What does 2017 hold for CLD? Candidly, it's still to be determined, which is why we are reluctant to chase the stock."
Shares of Cloud Peak Energy closed at $6.59 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Dougherty & Co Starts Harmonic Inc. (HLIT) at Buy
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Matador Resources (MTDR) Following Announced Offerings
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!