UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 24, 2016 9:30 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE: CP) with a Buy rating and a price target of $165.
Analyst Mark A. Levin said, "Hunter Harrison is approaching retirement, but his mark on the organization is indelible. In that vein, Keith Creel and the rest of the operating team have established a new standard for productivity, lowering CP's OR from nearly ~80% when they arrived four years ago to what likely will be a +/-55% 2016 exit rate. The question is how much lower can the OR go? We think the answer is at least a couple hundred basis points and that's without volume help. The good news is that a volume tailwind may finally be on the way. Bulk commodities (~40% of CP's book) are starting to work again and even intermodal saw some growth from Q2 to Q3. With plenty of operating leverage and a reasonable valuation (only 16.3x 2017 versus the group at 16.4x and the company's 16.8x Hunter Harrison era average), CP is one of our favorite names."
Shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited closed at $147.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Benchmark Starts Ameron International (AMN) at Buy
- Herbalife's (HLF) Debt Package News Seen as 'Enormous Positive' at Pivotal Research
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!