UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 24, 2016 9:30 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE: CP) with a Buy rating and a price target of $165.
Analyst Mark A. Levin said, "Hunter Harrison is approaching retirement, but his mark on the organization is indelible. In that vein, Keith Creel and the rest of the operating team have established a new standard for productivity, lowering CP's OR from nearly ~80% when they arrived four years ago to what likely will be a +/-55% 2016 exit rate. The question is how much lower can the OR go? We think the answer is at least a couple hundred basis points and that's without volume help. The good news is that a volume tailwind may finally be on the way. Bulk commodities (~40% of CP's book) are starting to work again and even intermodal saw some growth from Q2 to Q3. With plenty of operating leverage and a reasonable valuation (only 16.3x 2017 versus the group at 16.4x and the company's 16.8x Hunter Harrison era average), CP is one of our favorite names."
Shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited closed at $147.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- Dougherty & Co Starts CardioNet (BEAT) at Buy
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts HubSpot Inc (HUBS) at Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!