UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (CP) at Buy
- Dow opens at record high led by oil, bank stocks
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - October 24, 2016 9:30 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on Canadian Pacific Railway Limited (NYSE: CP) with a Buy rating and a price target of $165.
Analyst Mark A. Levin said, "Hunter Harrison is approaching retirement, but his mark on the organization is indelible. In that vein, Keith Creel and the rest of the operating team have established a new standard for productivity, lowering CP's OR from nearly ~80% when they arrived four years ago to what likely will be a +/-55% 2016 exit rate. The question is how much lower can the OR go? We think the answer is at least a couple hundred basis points and that's without volume help. The good news is that a volume tailwind may finally be on the way. Bulk commodities (~40% of CP's book) are starting to work again and even intermodal saw some growth from Q2 to Q3. With plenty of operating leverage and a reasonable valuation (only 16.3x 2017 versus the group at 16.4x and the company's 16.8x Hunter Harrison era average), CP is one of our favorite names."
Shares of Canadian Pacific Railway Limited closed at $147.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Teleflex (TFX) Ahead of Vascular Solutions (VASC) Acquisition
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!