UPDATE: Seaport Global Securities Starts CSX (CSX) at Neutral
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 19, 2016 9:31 AM EDT)
Seaport Global Securities initiated coverage on CSX (NASDAQ: CSX) with a Neutral rating and a price target of $31. Analyst Mark A. Levin said he would wait for a pullback.
"We assume the shares trade to ~16x our 2017 EPS estimate of $1.95/share. Historically, CSX has traded at an average forward multiple of 12.9x, as high as 17.5x, and as low as 5.9x. We assume a higher-than-average target multiple for several reasons, including the likelihood of improving volumes, particularly in the higher-margin coal segment. Moreover, after several years of aggressive cost-cutting, CSX's incremental margins should be very strong as demand returns. Even so, we would wait for a pullback before initiating position," said Levin.
Shares of CSX closed at $31.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!