UPDATE: Roth Capital Starts Neuralstem (CUR) at Buy
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 29, 2016 9:23 AM EDT)
Roth Capital initiated coverage on Neuralstem (NASDAQ: CUR) with a Buy rating and a price target of $1.20. Analyst Joseph Pantginis thinks the company has "righted the ship," and he pointed out several “disconnects” in the underlying investment case.
"The lead product, NSI-189 is in a Phase II study for major depressive disorder (MDD) following strong Phase Ib data, in our belief. Based on the clinical data in hand with NSI-189, investors should revisit the story in preparation for important Phase II data in 2017," said Pantginis.
"Neuralstem has gone through a major revamping and in January 2016 saw a change in management as well as therapeutic focus. Until the restructuring, the lead focus was on NSI-566, which is cellular therapy being developed for ALS in a Phase II. The company is no longer dedicating any assets to NSI-566 and is now looking to monetize the asset through business development activities. The company is currently focused on a small molecule approach to neurological indications. NSI-189 is the lead small molecule asset and is in an ongoing Phase II for major depressive disorder (MDD). Data from this Phase II study are expected in 2H17. In the interim, the company needs to address a financing overhang, in order to grow its clinical operations," added the analyst.
Shares of Neuralstem closed at $0.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Perform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Hot New Coverage, New Coverage
Related EntitiesRoth Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!