UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Vivint Solar (VSLR) to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 9, 2016 9:12 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $7. The change follows the release of Q2 results.
Analyst Colin Rusch is positive on the company's low cost structure and strategic approach to growth.
"With VSLR’s recent expansion of its term loan facility, we believe the company is demonstrating its ability to close large deals in a relatively short time frame," said Rusch. "While the company will need to raise additional tax equity for 4Q:16 and 2017 deployments, we expect the company to close a facility in a timely manner considering the wide availability of tax equity. We are upgrading shares from Perform to Outperform given valuation support from its existing portfolio, a more conservative strategy that emphasizes cash-on-cash returns and sustainable growth, and the potential for improving unit economics based on lower equipment costs and a disciplined sales strategy. We seemeaningful portfolio value and growth opportunity and introduce our $7 price target."
Shares of Vivint Solar closed at $3.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan Raises Rating on CBOE Holdings (CBOE) to 'Overweight'; Analyst Thinks Bats Technology Will Drive Greater Trading Activity
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!