UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Semtech Corp. (SMTC) to Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - December 1, 2016 9:12 AM EST)
Oppenheimer upgraded Semtech Corp. (NASDAQ: SMTC) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $36. Analyst Rick Schafer thinks growth is on track.
"We are raising estimates and upgrading SMTC to Outperform after the company reported solid beat/raise results Wednesday. F3Q sales/EPS of $141M/$0.37 bested the Street’s $138M/$0.36, and guidance of $138M/$0.35 also beat consensus’ $134M/$0.33, despite a $4-5M Note 7 drag in F4Q (Jan). Following a couple of transition years, we believe SMTC’s legacy businesses (long-haul, Samsung Smartphone) has stabilized, allowing greenfield optical and LoRa opportunities to drive outsize revenue/earnings growth. At the same time, SMTC has lowered leverage below 2x, opening the door for strategic M&A. With Samsung risk minimized (midsingle digits % sales), favorable NT PON and BST trends, and LT optical, LoRa and wireless charging growth drivers, risk/reward looks favorable at current levels and are upgrading with a $36 target," said Schafer.
Shares of Semtech Corp. closed at $28.10 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BofA/Merrill Lynch Upgrades CF Industries (CF) to Buy, Says "Consensus Estimates Now Beatable"
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Hilliard Lyons Upgrades Community Trust Bancorp (CTBI) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!