UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades L Brands (LB) to Outperform
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - August 19, 2016 9:21 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded L Brands (NYSE: LB) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $90.00 (from $75.00). Analyst Anna Andreeva sees opportunity in the company's current transition, and she thinks its multiple will revert closer to historical levels.
"With the 'transition year' (exit of swim & lounge/promotional changes at VS) still early on, top line is coming in better than plan with earnings having cushions (SG&A, buyback). Historically LB trades at a 4-6x premium to the mall-based specialty universe given moat-like nature of its business and strong focus on shareholder returns; multiple contracted this year (2-3x premium currently). While elimination of couponing/category exit represent greater headwind in 2H16/1H17, company is offsetting the drag thus far, with earnings finding higher base in '16 and growth set to resume next year. Shares are up off recent lows but still down 20% YTD (group up 9%) presenting opportunity to own a staple name in retail, in our view," said Andreeva.
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Zendesk (ZEN) Falls as JMP Checks Suggest Q4 Bookings May Disappoint
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!