UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades L Brands (LB) to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 19, 2016 9:21 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded L Brands (NYSE: LB) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $90.00 (from $75.00). Analyst Anna Andreeva sees opportunity in the company's current transition, and she thinks its multiple will revert closer to historical levels.
"With the 'transition year' (exit of swim & lounge/promotional changes at VS) still early on, top line is coming in better than plan with earnings having cushions (SG&A, buyback). Historically LB trades at a 4-6x premium to the mall-based specialty universe given moat-like nature of its business and strong focus on shareholder returns; multiple contracted this year (2-3x premium currently). While elimination of couponing/category exit represent greater headwind in 2H16/1H17, company is offsetting the drag thus far, with earnings finding higher base in '16 and growth set to resume next year. Shares are up off recent lows but still down 20% YTD (group up 9%) presenting opportunity to own a staple name in retail, in our view," said Andreeva.
Shares of L Brands closed at $77.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Shopify (SHOP) at Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!