UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Equinix (EQIX) to Outperform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 6, 2016 9:24 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Equinix (NASDAQ: EQIX) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $420. Analyst Timothy Horan said defensible growth justifies a higher valuation, and he sees opportunity to 'buy the dip.'
"When we downgraded EQIX to Perform on 3/14/16 ($318.00), we argued that the stock needed to grow into its multiple. While EQIX's stock has performed in line with AMT and INXN since then, its financial performance has been stronger and should continue to be which will put it at a discount to traditional REITs based on our 2018E AFFO yield given >2x the growth rate. We believe mid-teens AFFO growth is sustainable/defensible as enterprises increasingly use EQIX's unmatched connectivity to connect to hundreds of cloud/SaaS suppliers. We see a number of catalysts expanding EQIX's multiple: 1) strong cloud growth; 2) stable interest rates; 3) REIT S&P GIC code creation," said Horan.
Shares of Equinix closed at $371.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Buy Amid Emerging Delaware Basin Potential
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Upgrades Brixmor Property (BRX) to Buy
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $102 at Stifel Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!