UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Equinix (EQIX) to Outperform
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 6, 2016 9:24 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Equinix (NASDAQ: EQIX) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $420. Analyst Timothy Horan said defensible growth justifies a higher valuation, and he sees opportunity to 'buy the dip.'
"When we downgraded EQIX to Perform on 3/14/16 ($318.00), we argued that the stock needed to grow into its multiple. While EQIX's stock has performed in line with AMT and INXN since then, its financial performance has been stronger and should continue to be which will put it at a discount to traditional REITs based on our 2018E AFFO yield given >2x the growth rate. We believe mid-teens AFFO growth is sustainable/defensible as enterprises increasingly use EQIX's unmatched connectivity to connect to hundreds of cloud/SaaS suppliers. We see a number of catalysts expanding EQIX's multiple: 1) strong cloud growth; 2) stable interest rates; 3) REIT S&P GIC code creation," said Horan.
Shares of Equinix closed at $371.46 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM) PT Bumped to $45 at Jefferies Following In-Line Results on Note 7 Impact
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!