UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Crown Castle (CCI) to Outperform
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 6, 2016 9:21 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Crown Castle (NYSE: CCI) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $109. Analyst Timothy Horan thinks the company is well positioned to benefit from data traffic trends.
"We expect mobile data traffic to grow 10x in the next six years. The carriers are encouraging this growth through higher data bucket plans. This growth should drive cell site equivalent locations by 25%-50%, with a third of this through small cell on which CCI is focused. Macro towers are also set to benefit from new spectrum builds —AWS-3, FirstNet, Dish, 600 MHz. CCI is only at two tenants per tower, growing at 0.1 annually, which will drive EBITDA margins up 100 bps per year for the next decade. Finally, the S&P GICS code for REITs is a strong catalyst as CCI is a less risky, domestic play with a 4% yield (vs. 3.5% for REITs) growing dividends 50% faster than traditional REITs," said Horan.
The analyst added, "With near-term catalysts and stable rates, CCI offers investors unique exposure to secular growth in data consumption and small cells. CCI's dividend is 4%, growing 8% per year."
Shares of Crown Castle closed at $96.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Netflix (NFLX) PT Raised to $150.00 at BMO Capital; Keeps 'Market Perform'
- UPDATE: SunTrust Robinson Humphrey Starts TransDigm (TDG) at Buy
- ADTRAN (ADTN) PT Raised to $27.50 at MKM Partners Following Strong 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Related EntitiesStandard & Poor's, S3
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!