UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades CenturyLink, Inc. (CTL) to Outperform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 8, 2016 9:41 AM EST)
Oppenheimer upgraded CenturyLink, Inc. (NYSE: CTL) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $30. Analyst Timothy Horan thinks the stock's selloff is overdone.
"We are upgrading CTL to Outperform from Perform with a $30 PT as we believe the sell-off (-24%) in shares after the announcement of the proposed acquisition of LVLT as well as its 3Q earnings is more than overdone. Negative investor sentiment overlooks the positive aspects of combining the two companies, in our view," said Horan.
The analyst added, "Combining the two companies creates the second-largest business enterprise-focused company domestically (#3 globally). 75% of revenue will come from enterprise/wholesale. CTL's proforma dividend payout ratio (based on FCF) will be 2000 bps better at ~ 60%-70%. Importantly, after dividend payments, the company will generate ~ $1.5B in FCF/year, giving optionality to pay down debt or do more M&A (likely in EMEA) to help accelerate growth and shield future taxes."
Shares of CenturyLink, Inc. closed at $23.32 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on Methode Electronics (MEI) Following Better Than Expected 2Q
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Hot Comments, Hot Upgrades, Upgrades
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!