UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Tableau Software (DATA) at Outperform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 16, 2016 9:17 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Tableau Software (NYSE: DATA) with an Outperform rating and a price target of $62. Analyst Ittai Kidron sees the company as a leader in business intelligence applications.
Kidron explained, "Our thesis is based on (1) the growing importance and adoption of BIA tools across all business functions; (2) expansion opportunities in Data Integration and Quality, and Advanced Analytics; (3) new customer additions, deeper account penetration, and sales productivity gains; (4) a compelling TCO advantage; and (5) the longterm benefits from the accelerating adoption of Tableau Online (ratable revenue). While we're bullish, there's a 'show me' element in play as management focuses on improving sales force productivity and as recent shifts in product mix toward SaaS/ Online delay revenue recognition and weigh on profitability. We see this shift as necessary and positive longer-term."
Shares of Tableau Software closed at $54.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Pure Storage, Inc. (PSTG) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Related EntitiesIttai Kidron
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!