UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Perform
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 9:11 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) with a Perform rating and a price target of $38. Analyst Rupesh Parikh sees valuation as full and said EPS growth looks "muted" near-term.
"The company is a leading protein and packaged food company, with an increased focus in recent years on the natural/organic space with the acquisitions of Applegate Farms and Justin's. We overall look favorably upon the company's competitive positioning, M&A model, management team, consistent record of execution, and strong track record of delivering shareholder value. However, our forecasts for more muted EPS growth in the intermediate term combined with current valuation parameters support our initial Perform rating. We would be more constructive on the story on a pullback and/or positive revisions to our assessment of the company's earnings power," said Parikh.
Shares of Hormel Foods closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Comtech Telecom (CMTL) to $16 Following 1Q
- BMO Capital Reiterates Market Perform on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades AZZ Inc. (AZZ) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!