UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 9:11 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) with a Perform rating and a price target of $38. Analyst Rupesh Parikh sees valuation as full and said EPS growth looks "muted" near-term.
"The company is a leading protein and packaged food company, with an increased focus in recent years on the natural/organic space with the acquisitions of Applegate Farms and Justin's. We overall look favorably upon the company's competitive positioning, M&A model, management team, consistent record of execution, and strong track record of delivering shareholder value. However, our forecasts for more muted EPS growth in the intermediate term combined with current valuation parameters support our initial Perform rating. We would be more constructive on the story on a pullback and/or positive revisions to our assessment of the company's earnings power," said Parikh.
Shares of Hormel Foods closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- KeyBanc Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Sector Weight
- Oppenheimer Remains Sidelined on Ambarella (AMBA) Following 3Q
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!