UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Perform
- Stocks, Mexico peso bounce as markets score one for Clinton
- Oil prices slip as hopes for a deal in Algiers fade
- Mexican and Canadian currencies rise, investors see Clinton winning debate
- Rice Energy (RICE) Acquires Vantage Energy in $2.7B Deal; FY16 Outlook Updated
- Kite Pharma (KITE) Announces Positive Topline Data from KTE-C19 ZUMA-1 Study in Aggressive NHL
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 9:11 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) with a Perform rating and a price target of $38. Analyst Rupesh Parikh sees valuation as full and said EPS growth looks "muted" near-term.
"The company is a leading protein and packaged food company, with an increased focus in recent years on the natural/organic space with the acquisitions of Applegate Farms and Justin's. We overall look favorably upon the company's competitive positioning, M&A model, management team, consistent record of execution, and strong track record of delivering shareholder value. However, our forecasts for more muted EPS growth in the intermediate term combined with current valuation parameters support our initial Perform rating. We would be more constructive on the story on a pullback and/or positive revisions to our assessment of the company's earnings power," said Parikh.
Shares of Hormel Foods closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Wells Fargo Starts DHT Holdings (DHT) at Market Perform
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Marriott International (MAR) at Buy
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Starts Host Hotels (HST) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!