UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Perform
- Wall Street flat as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 9:11 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) with a Perform rating and a price target of $38. Analyst Rupesh Parikh sees valuation as full and said EPS growth looks "muted" near-term.
"The company is a leading protein and packaged food company, with an increased focus in recent years on the natural/organic space with the acquisitions of Applegate Farms and Justin's. We overall look favorably upon the company's competitive positioning, M&A model, management team, consistent record of execution, and strong track record of delivering shareholder value. However, our forecasts for more muted EPS growth in the intermediate term combined with current valuation parameters support our initial Perform rating. We would be more constructive on the story on a pullback and/or positive revisions to our assessment of the company's earnings power," said Parikh.
Shares of Hormel Foods closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Fastenal (FAST) PT Raised to $49 at Credit Suisse Following 4Q
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts FLIR Systems, Inc. (FLIR) at Hold
- UPDATE: SunTrust Starts Mercury Computer (MRCY) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!