UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Hormel Foods (HRL) at Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 16, 2016 9:11 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Hormel Foods (NYSE: HRL) with a Perform rating and a price target of $38. Analyst Rupesh Parikh sees valuation as full and said EPS growth looks "muted" near-term.
"The company is a leading protein and packaged food company, with an increased focus in recent years on the natural/organic space with the acquisitions of Applegate Farms and Justin's. We overall look favorably upon the company's competitive positioning, M&A model, management team, consistent record of execution, and strong track record of delivering shareholder value. However, our forecasts for more muted EPS growth in the intermediate term combined with current valuation parameters support our initial Perform rating. We would be more constructive on the story on a pullback and/or positive revisions to our assessment of the company's earnings power," said Parikh.
Shares of Hormel Foods closed at $36.33 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $207 Following 4Q Beat
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Restoration Hardware (RH) PT Cut to $30 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!