UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Crane (CR) at Perform
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - November 17, 2016 1:22 PM EST)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Crane (NYSE: CR) with a Perform rating. Analyst Jim Giannakouros said the company is well positioned, but he think investors should be patient.
Giannakouros explained, "We appreciate its strong competitive position across its operating platforms, differentiated technologies, most notably in its Aerospace & Electronics (A&E) and Payment & Merchandising (PMT) segments, and proven Crane Business System (CBS) as pillars for sustainable bottom-line growth. While CR continues to face challenges in Fluid Handling (FH) as large project delays continue and pricing remains a risk, we believe CR can leverage improving chemical project volumes (particularly re: ethylene capacity additions). Similarly, leading technologies in aero position CR well to leverage visible production ramp schedules. Asbestos/conglomerate discounts explain CR's below-average multiples vs. industrial peers, with recent performance (+55% YTD vs. XLI +16%) and our SOTP-derived fair value estimate (~$76) driving our patience near term."
Shares of Crane closed at $73.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Deutsche Bank Starts Bio-Rad Labs (BIO) at Hold
- FBR Capital Remains Sidelined on Comerica (CMA) Following 4Q Report
- Deutsche Bank Starts Hologic (HOLX) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!