UPDATE: Oppenheimer Starts Crane (CR) at Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 17, 2016 1:22 PM EST)
Oppenheimer initiated coverage on Crane (NYSE: CR) with a Perform rating. Analyst Jim Giannakouros said the company is well positioned, but he think investors should be patient.
Giannakouros explained, "We appreciate its strong competitive position across its operating platforms, differentiated technologies, most notably in its Aerospace & Electronics (A&E) and Payment & Merchandising (PMT) segments, and proven Crane Business System (CBS) as pillars for sustainable bottom-line growth. While CR continues to face challenges in Fluid Handling (FH) as large project delays continue and pricing remains a risk, we believe CR can leverage improving chemical project volumes (particularly re: ethylene capacity additions). Similarly, leading technologies in aero position CR well to leverage visible production ramp schedules. Asbestos/conglomerate discounts explain CR's below-average multiples vs. industrial peers, with recent performance (+55% YTD vs. XLI +16%) and our SOTP-derived fair value estimate (~$76) driving our patience near term."
Shares of Crane closed at $73.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- UBS Raises Price Target on Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) to $69
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, New Coverage
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!