UPDATE: Oppenheimer Sees Opportunity in Carbonite (CARB) and Raises Rating to Outperform
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 10:54 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Carbonite (NASDAQ: CARB) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $21. Analyst Brian Schwartz said he sees substantial upside based on valuation and fundamentals.
"Specifically, we think 2017 Street forecasts are too low as investors could be underappreciating that: 1) the company’s growth plan with eVault is taking shape; 2) cost savings alone from eliminating duplicated eVault data centers will drive margin improvements/ outperformance in 2017; and 3) execution concerns are mitigated by greater stability in leadership," said Schwartz.
The analyst added, "Bottom Line: We think as management delivers good execution in upcoming quarterly reported results it will garner increasing investor recognition for the business, and catalyze a re-rating higher of CARB’s valuation multiples to coincide with a higher estimates trend."
Shares of Carbonite closed at $14.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) to $33
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Columbia Sportswear (COLM) to $72; Reiterates Outperform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!