UPDATE: Oppenheimer Sees Opportunity in Carbonite (CARB) and Raises Rating to Outperform
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - October 11, 2016 10:54 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer upgraded Carbonite (NASDAQ: CARB) from Perform to Outperform with a price target of $21. Analyst Brian Schwartz said he sees substantial upside based on valuation and fundamentals.
"Specifically, we think 2017 Street forecasts are too low as investors could be underappreciating that: 1) the company’s growth plan with eVault is taking shape; 2) cost savings alone from eliminating duplicated eVault data centers will drive margin improvements/ outperformance in 2017; and 3) execution concerns are mitigated by greater stability in leadership," said Schwartz.
The analyst added, "Bottom Line: We think as management delivers good execution in upcoming quarterly reported results it will garner increasing investor recognition for the business, and catalyze a re-rating higher of CARB’s valuation multiples to coincide with a higher estimates trend."
Shares of Carbonite closed at $14.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Highwoods Properties Inc. (HIW) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on General Dynamics (GD) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Essendant (ESND) to $18 Following EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!