UPDATE: Oppenheimer Reiterates Perform as Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA) Announces IronPlanet Acquisition
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- After-Hours Stock Movers 10/20: (CERC) (ALKS) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SKX) (RRGB) (AMD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - August 30, 2016 9:16 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer reiterated a perform rating on Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (NYSE: RBA) after the company announced that it has entered into an agreement to acquire IronPlanet. The acquisition is expected to meaningfully bolster RBA's GAP/revenue/EPS over the long term and be accretive to earnings within the first year. the company also announced entering into a long-term strategic alliance with Caterpillar to become its preferred global partner for live onsite and online auctions.
Analyst Scott Schneeberger commented, "Ritchie Bros. has announced entering into an agreement to acquire IronPlanet. A long-time familiar competitor to RBA, IronPlanet is best known for its unique "online" business model selling used heavy equipment/durable assets across multiple online channels. We view the acquisition as logical and opportunistic, as it expands upon RBA's base business model, which has been primarily centered upon unreserved auctions (no minimum pricing restrictions) every few months at physical locations (with online bidding included). The announced pairing creates a more diversified/ multi-channel company with greater scale. It also expands RBA's addressable market/ bolsters its digital capabilities."
Shares of Ritchie Bros closed at $28.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
- Glacier Bancorp, Inc. Announces Results for the Quarter Ended September 30, 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!