UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Perform
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 8, 2016 9:47 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $6.00). Analyst Brian Nagel sees increase uncertainty following its Q2 update.
Nagel said, "Last night, Pier 1 Imports (PIR) pre-released fiscal Q2 (Aug.) comp results below prior guidance and announced that the company’s long-standing CEO Alex Smith will part ways with the company in Dec. From 2007 to 2013, Smith led one of the best smallcap turnarounds we have ever studied. In our view, PIR’s more recent move online, while successful in some regards, unfortunately completely upended a solid business model. Recent sales weakness is consistent with our cautious near-term stance on PIR and the group overall. We are lowering our rating on PIR to Perform and removing our $6 price target, as now more significant uncertainty renders it too difficult to wager on Pier 1 Imports, even for the longer term."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on American Airlines (AAL) Following 3Q EPS Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!