UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Perform
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - September 8, 2016 9:47 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $6.00). Analyst Brian Nagel sees increase uncertainty following its Q2 update.
Nagel said, "Last night, Pier 1 Imports (PIR) pre-released fiscal Q2 (Aug.) comp results below prior guidance and announced that the company’s long-standing CEO Alex Smith will part ways with the company in Dec. From 2007 to 2013, Smith led one of the best smallcap turnarounds we have ever studied. In our view, PIR’s more recent move online, while successful in some regards, unfortunately completely upended a solid business model. Recent sales weakness is consistent with our cautious near-term stance on PIR and the group overall. We are lowering our rating on PIR to Perform and removing our $6 price target, as now more significant uncertainty renders it too difficult to wager on Pier 1 Imports, even for the longer term."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!