UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Pier 1 Imports (PIR) to Perform
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 8, 2016 9:47 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Pier 1 Imports (NYSE: PIR) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $6.00). Analyst Brian Nagel sees increase uncertainty following its Q2 update.
Nagel said, "Last night, Pier 1 Imports (PIR) pre-released fiscal Q2 (Aug.) comp results below prior guidance and announced that the company’s long-standing CEO Alex Smith will part ways with the company in Dec. From 2007 to 2013, Smith led one of the best smallcap turnarounds we have ever studied. In our view, PIR’s more recent move online, while successful in some regards, unfortunately completely upended a solid business model. Recent sales weakness is consistent with our cautious near-term stance on PIR and the group overall. We are lowering our rating on PIR to Perform and removing our $6 price target, as now more significant uncertainty renders it too difficult to wager on Pier 1 Imports, even for the longer term."
Shares of Pier 1 Imports closed at $4.80 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!