UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Energy Focus (EFOI) to Perform
- Oil steadies on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Dollar edges up vs yen as traders eye ECB meeting for cues
- Foxconn says in preliminary discussions to expand U.S. operations
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - August 12, 2016 9:25 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Energy Focus (NASDAQ: EFOI) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $12). The change follows disappointing Q2 results and guidance.
Analyst Colin Rusch said, "EFOI posted results below expectations as military revenue disappointed and commercial sale declined Q/Q on a contract delay worth $1M. The company also identified an inventory management mismatch which was corrected and cost the company $814M. On the plus side the company announced its first order from the Canadian navy along with incremental orders from the Australian navy. The company also continues to make progress across its targeted subsegments of the commercial lighting market. We note commercial lighting sales have doubled on a Y/Y basis to $7.9M. While we are bullish on EFOI’s prospects, we view inconsistent sales from the military as a material risk to equity holders. As such, we are stepping to the sidelines until the company consistently delivers revenue consistent with guidance. "
Shares of Energy Focus closed at $4.85 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $80 at Jefferies
- Newell Brands (NWL): Cutting PT - Jefferies
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!