UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Citizens Financial Group (CFG) to Perform
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 15, 2016 9:35 AM EST)
Oppenheimer downgraded Citizens Financial Group (NYSE: CFG) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $27.00). Analyst Ben Chittenden sees limited upside from current levels.
"We still think it's one of the best positioned to show more ROTCE improvement vs peers but believe that has rapidly been priced into the stock over the past week. While the stock could certainly run more, one has to push the model to a guaranteed 10%+ return by 2018 (~$2.80 EPS) and a peak EPS multiple (85% P/E relative to financials x 100% banks P/E relative to financials) to get really excited from here. There are also realistic EPS/multiple scenarios that aren't as exciting and provide limited upside from here. If we are in an entirely new environment, there will be another good opportunity to buy CFG, but for now we think it's prudent to lock in some gains," said the analyst.
Shares of Citizens Financial Group closed at $30.88 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Upgrades American Express (AXP) to Overweight
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!