UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to Perform
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 20, 2016 9:21 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $12.00). The downgrade followed disappointing Q4 results.
Analyst Anna Andreeva said, "ASNA's F4Q16 EPS miss is disappointing with weaker July (traffic down HSD) costing half the earnings miss as predicting the future across a multiple brand portfolio in today's retail environment is becoming a bigger challenge (good results over "events", weaker in between). Justice turnaround proceeding on plan, with QTD comps positive, even post key back-to-school; rest of the portfolio is showing additional cracks (DB, Maurices, ANN and Catherine's all decelerated), with QTD trend negative across all brands but Justice. After-hours, the stock is trading at 12x FY17E (calendar) reflecting portfolio volatility; while F1Q17 guide looks conservative and ASNA fits the bill for 2H margin recovery on top of easing compares, 2H17 still embeds hockey stick."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Checkpoint Software (CHKP) PT Raised to $94 at Stifel Following 4Q Beat
- Carter's (CRI) PT Lowered to $105 at Oppenheimer; Reiterates Outperform
- PacWest Bancorp (PACW) PT Raised to $60.50 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!