UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) to Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
(Updated - September 20, 2016 9:21 AM EDT)
Oppenheimer downgraded Ascena Retail Group (NASDAQ: ASNA) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $12.00). The downgrade followed disappointing Q4 results.
Analyst Anna Andreeva said, "ASNA's F4Q16 EPS miss is disappointing with weaker July (traffic down HSD) costing half the earnings miss as predicting the future across a multiple brand portfolio in today's retail environment is becoming a bigger challenge (good results over "events", weaker in between). Justice turnaround proceeding on plan, with QTD comps positive, even post key back-to-school; rest of the portfolio is showing additional cracks (DB, Maurices, ANN and Catherine's all decelerated), with QTD trend negative across all brands but Justice. After-hours, the stock is trading at 12x FY17E (calendar) reflecting portfolio volatility; while F1Q17 guide looks conservative and ASNA fits the bill for 2H margin recovery on top of easing compares, 2H17 still embeds hockey stick."
Shares of Ascena Retail Group closed at $8.12 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Restoration Hardware (RH) to $34 Following 3Q
- MKM Partners Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $43 Following 2Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!