UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades Amplify Snack Brands (BETR) to Perform
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - November 15, 2016 9:33 AM EST)
Oppenheimer downgraded Amplify Snack Brands (NYSE: BETR) from Outperform to Perform and removed its price target (prior $17.00). The change follows weaker than expected Q3 results.
Analyst Rupesh Parikh said, "Earlier this evening, BETR reported Q3 adjusted EPS of $0.12, below a consensus figure of $0.15. As we previewed last Friday, we expected an earnings reset at BETR due primarily to a more difficult backdrop and aggressive Street forecasts, but the report was much weaker than feared due in large part to execution issues. With results again falling short of expectations and more significant execution challenges, we foresee an even more muted earnings trajectory than we modeled last week. We still see significant potential in Amplify's brands, but are now harder pressed to see shares move meaningfully higher near term with the current backdrop and a cloudier earnings outlook next year."
Shares of Amplify Snack Brands closed at $13.47 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Argus Downgrades Sonoco Products (SON) to Hold
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on CarMax (KMX) to $72 Ahead of 3Q
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Downgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!