UPDATE: Oppenheimer Downgrades AT&T (T) to Perform
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Updated - November 8, 2016 9:44 AM EST)
"We are downgrading T from Outperform to Perform and removing our $46 PT as we believe CTL's dividend is relatively more attractive (which on a pro forma basis will be at a 9% yield/68% payout ratio to FCF, vs. 5% and 60% for T); we also see the TWX merger as facing higher regulatory hurtles and taking more like 15 months to complete vs. 9 for CTL/LVLT. T is also facing some wireless headwinds in the next year," said Horan.
"We continue to expect that T will be successful in acquiring TWX, but see the process taking 15 months as conditions are negotiated. We see the DOJ suing DTV over the Dodgers as a ominous sign. Also, the FCC may initiate a formal review with an eye towards its Zero Rating policy. Regardless, T's stock tends to take a pause when the company is in the process of closing on a major acquisition, and we suspect a similar outcome and see a better opportunity in CTL currently," added the analyst.
Shares of AT&T closed at $36.81 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Timken (TKR) to Hold
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades CEB Inc (CEB) to Hold
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!