UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades TrueCar (TRUE) to Underweight
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 12, 2016 1:57 PM EDT)
Morgan Stanley downgraded TrueCar (NASDAQ: TRUE) from Equalweight to Underweight with a price target of $6.40 (from $5.00), implying downside of 28%. Analyst Brian Nowak thinks shares are expensive.
"We are downgrading TrueCar to UW with a new $6.40 PT (28% downside) as TRUE has appreciated ~80% from its February lows...all driven by multiple expansion. TRUE's multiple has expanded in expectation of a turnaround...even as fundamentals (in our view) have continued to deteriorate. Indeed, 2017 Consensus adjusted EBITDA estimates have fallen by 70% and TRUE's EV/Revenue multiple has expanded by 100+% to 2.5X," said Nowak.
"TRUE is now the most expensive stock in our coverage group when looked at on growth-adjusted multiples. We attribute this multiple expansion to the market's expectations that new CEO, Chip Perry (who started in November 2015), will turnaround TRUE with improved net funnel efficiency (traffic conversion) and profitability," the analyst added. "The trouble is, so far conversion has continued falling (See Exhibit 14) and total company unit growth has slowed from 20%+ Y/Y to 1%, led by declines in the TrueCar Branded channel."
Shares of TrueCar closed at $8.83 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Philip Morris Intl (PM) PT Raised to $101 at Jefferies
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades, Hot Comments, Hot Downgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!