UPDATE: Morgan Stanley Downgrades Shopify (SHOP) to Equalweight Following Recent Gains
- Wall St stumbles as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Updated - September 28, 2016 11:45 AM EDT)
Morgan Stanley downgraded Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) from Overweight to Equalweight with a price target of $47.00 (from $37.00). Analyst Brian Essex said channel works suggests strong Q3 revenue growth, but he thinks strength is priced in. Overall he sees balanced risk-reward.
"We are adjusting our numbers and PT higher to reflect recent channel work. However, while we continue to see a robust opportunity for SHOP ahead, we are downgrading to Equalweight with balanced risk-reward following 70% YTD share price appreciation," said Essex.
Discussing his channel work, the analyst said, "Our poll of Shopify Experts (third parties that provide setup, design, and development services for merchants), along with estimated expert growth, suggests better than expected revenue growth through 3Q16. Management guided to revenue between $93mm and $95mm for 3Q with full year revenue between $361mm and $367mm. The midpoint of guidance implies that revenue growth decelerates to 78% y/y in 3Q from 93% last Q with full year revenue growth at the midpoint of 77% y/y. Barring any substantial deceleration in GMV and take rate, we believe numbers will exceed guidance for 3Q as well as the full year."
Shares of Shopify closed at $43.87 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Government Properties Income Trust (GOV) to $25
- Leerink Partners Cuts Price Target on Conmed (CNMD) to $43; Reiterates Market Perform
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesMorgan Stanley
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!