UPDATE: Macquarie Upgrades Frontier Communications (FTR) to Neutral
- Wall St. rises amid robust earnings, GDP data
- FBI to review more emails related to Clinton's private email use: letter
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/28: (GRVY) (VRTS) (ITGR) Higher; (OPXA) (SNMX) (STON) Lower
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
(Updated - September 6, 2016 8:15 AM EDT)
Macquarie upgraded Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) from Underperform to Neutral with a price target of $4.75 (unchanged). Analyst Amy Yong said fears around integration and wholesale access are "largely digested at this point."
"Stability is all that’s needed for the dividend yield to reverse back to its 3-year historical average of ~7.5% (Fig 1). At 9.25% yield and 5.7x/4.0x EBITDA and FCF, integration risks and potential changes to wholesale pricing are now sufficiently in shares," said Yong.
Discussing integration, the analyst said, "Post a bumpy integration quarter, a normal marketing rhythm should resume this fall. We expect improved customer net adds in 3Q/4Q which we are modelling at -86k/-85k, as snowbirds return to FL. Current promos include a US$400 Amazon gift card to switch as well as a one-year Amazon prime subscription with certain packages. Frontier is also pushing attractive bundles which offer up to a 25% discount to customers .... Based on industry checks, we expect the FCC to address or publish an order on Special Access as early as November. Though there is limited detail around business solutions including pricing, our sensitivity analysis suggests that every ~1% decline in data would equate to a ~0.4% decline in '17E EBITDA."
Shares of Frontier Communications closed at $4.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Level 3 Communications (LVLT) to Outperform
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS) PT Raised to $65 at Needham & Company
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Upgrades
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!